Natural and healing formula for broad spectrum UV protection.
- Fragrance-free and dye-free
- Titanium Dioxide and transparent Zinc Oxide absorb deeply for maximum UV coverage
- Aloe and Vitamin E moisturize while providing anti-oxidant protection
- Hypoallergenic formula is excellent for even sensitive users
- Guards against cellular damage and inflammation
- Contains no synthetic sunscreen agents
- PABA free
Formulated with minimal ingredients to help avoid skin reactions for sensitive skin!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: My skin is extremely fair and prone to burning. What sunscreen product would you recommend?
A: Solbar Shield SPF 40 combines the powerful protection of Zinc Oxide with Titanium Dioxide for maximum UV protection. In addition, Solbar Shield also contains aloe and vitamin E to nourish and moisturize as it protects.
Q: I need full-spectrum sun protection. Which of your sunscreens provide both UVA and UVB coverage?
A: All our sunscreens provide broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection. In addition, every sunscreen we carry is PABA-free and unscented.
Q: Is this PABA free?
A: All our products are PABA-free!
Q: Does this product dry transparent or does it stay white?
A: Solbar Shield becomes clear once it has been thoroughly applied.
Q: How often should I reapply this product?
A: We recommend reapplying our sunscreens every 2 hours or as needed depending on your level of activity.
Q: Do I have to wait awhile after application, or can I just go outside immediately after?
A: Please be sure to wait 15-20 minutes after application before sun exposure to ensure maximum protection.
Q: Are any of your sunscreens reef-safe?
A: Solbar Shield is a 100% mineral sunscreen that is not harmful to coral reefs.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Zinc Oxide (Z-Cote® HPI) 7.5%, Titanium Dioxide 5.0%, INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Purified Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Oleth-3 Phosphate, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Isobutyl Stearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate (and) Isopropyl Myristate, Glycerin, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (and) PEG-100 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Aminomethyl Propanol, Disodium EDTA, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid
- 1. Zinc Oxide UVA and UVB protectant
- 2. Titanium Dioxide UVA and UVB protectant
- 3. Water
- 4. Glyceryl Stearate Emulsifier
- 5. Oleth-3 Phosphate Emulsifier
- 6. PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer Skin Protectant
- 7. Dimethicone Skin protectant
- 8. Isobutyl Stearate Skin Conditioner
- 9. C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate Skin Conditioner
- 10. Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate (and) Isopropyl Myristate Skin Conditioner
- 11. Glycerin Moisturizer
- 12. Benzyl Alcohol Preservative
- 13. Glyceryl Stearate (and) PEG-100 Stearate Emulsifier
- 14. Tocopheryl Acetate Vitamin E
- 15. Xantham Gum Thickener
- 16. Aminomethyl Propanol pH adjuster
- 17. Disodium EDTA Preservative
- 18. Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract Skin Moisturizer and Antioxidant
- 19. Citric Acid pH adjuster
DIRECTIONS: Apply a thin even layer of Solbar Shield to all sun exposed areas of dry skin 15-20 minutes before sun exposure and massage in gently until clear sheen appears. Allow to dry. Avoid contact with clothing until sunscreen is dry. Reapply to Dry skin after prolonged swimming, outdoor physical activity, excessive perspiration, or towel drying. Dermatologists recommend reapplying sunscreen during prolonged swimming sun exposure every 2 hours.
Uses: Higher SPF gives more sunburn protection.
Caution: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse eyes with water. Keep out of the reach of children. Keep at room temperature.
Stop use and ask a doctor if: Condition worsens or does not improve after regular use.
Keep out of reach of children: If swallowed, seek medical help, or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
Other information: High sun protection product.
Limiting sun exposure, wearing protective clothing, and using sunscreens may reduce the risk of skin aging, skin cancer and other harmful effects of the sun.