Moisturizing sunscreen with transparent Zinc Oxide.
- Fragrance-free and dye-free
- With transparent Zinc Oxide to extend protection in the UVA spectrum
- Oil-free formula is ideal for the most sensitive users
- Lightweight formula is an excellent base for make-up
- Non-comedogenic and irritant-free for use by all skin types
- All day, water-resistant UVA & UVB protection
- Shields skin from everyday exposure to sun and environmental pollutants
- PABA free
Formulated with minimal ingredients to help avoid skin reactions for sensitive skin!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I’d like to use a sunscreen on my face to help with day to day sun exposure, but I’m concerned about my skin looking oily. Can you suggest a product?
A: Our Solbar Zinc sunscreen with transparent Zinc Oxide provides SPF 38 in a cream formula. Its lightweight formula is easily absorbed by the skin and provides full spectrum sun protection.
Q: I’m a very active person and need a sunscreen that will hold up well during physical activities like gardening and swimming. What do you recommend?
A: Solbar Zinc is a great choice for active users. Solbar Zinc is water and sweat resistant and contains Zinc Oxide for maximum sun protection. For best results we suggest applying liberally to dry skin at least 15 minutes before exposure and reapplying every two hours, especially after swimming or prolonged physical activity.
Q: Is Solbar Zinc safe for use with infants and children?
A: Solbar Zinc, and all our sunscreens, are safe for use with children and infants over six months old. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that children under six months old be kept out of direct sun entirely. For older children, avoiding sun exposure between 10am and 3pm can help limit exposure to potentially damaging rays.
Q: I need full-spectrum sun protection. Which of your sunscreens provide both UVA and UVB coverage?
A: All our sunscreens provide broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection. In addition, every sunscreen we carry is PABA-free and unscented.
Q: Is this PABA free?
A: All our products are PABA-free!
Q: Does this product dry transparent or does it stay white?
A: Solbar Zinc uses transparent micronized Zinc Oxide and becomes clear once it has been thoroughly applied.
Q: How often should I reapply this product?
A: We recommend reapplying our sunscreens every 2 hours or as needed depending on your level of activity.
Q: Do I have to wait awhile after application, or can I just go outside immediately after?
A: Please be sure to wait 15-20 minutes after application before sun exposure to ensure maximum protection.
Q: Are there micro particles used in this sunscreen?
A: Solbar Zinc uses micronized Zinc Oxide for a clear appearance after application. The micronized particles used for this sunscreen are not small enough to penetrate the skin.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Homosalate 10.0%, Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.5%, Zinc Oxide (Z-Cote® HPI) 7.5%, INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Purified Water, Butyl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate (and) PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Dilaurate, PVP (and) VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetyl Phosphate, Cyclomethicone, Ceteareth-20 (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Aminomethyl Propanol, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid
- 1. Homosolate UVB protectant
- 2. Octinoxate (Ethyl Methoxycinnamate) UVB protectant
- 3. Zinc Oxide UVA and UVB protectant
- 4. Water
- 5. Isobutyl Stearate Skin Conditioner
- 6. Glyceryl Stearate Emulsifier
- 7. Glycerin Moisturizer
- 8. Dimethicone Skin protectant
- 9. Glyceryl Dilaurate Emulsifier
- 10. PVP (and) VP/Eicosene Copolymer Skin protectant
- 11. Cetyl Alcohol Thickener
- 12. Cetyl Phosphate Emulsifier
- 13. Cyclomethicone Skin Conditioner
- 14. Ceteareth-20 (and) Cetearyl Alcohol Emulsifier
- 15. Benzyl Alcohol Preservative
- 16. Xantham Gum Thickener
- 17. Aminomethyl Propanol pH adjuster
- 18. Disodium EDTA Preservative
- 19. Citric Acid pH adjuster
DIRECTIONS: Apply Solbar Zinc liberally and evenly to all exposed areas of dry skin 15-20 minutes before sun exposure and massage gently, allow it to dry. Avoid contact with clothing until lotion is dry. Reapply to dry skin after prolonged swimming, outdoor physical activity, excessive perspiration, or towel drying. Dermatologists recommend reapplying sunscreen during prolonged swimming sin exposure every 2 hours. Children under 6 months of age: consult your physician.
Uses: Higher SPF gives more sunburn protection.
Caution: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse eyes with water. Keep out of the reach of children. Keep at room temperature.
Stop use and ask a doctor if: Condition worsens or does not improve after regular use.
Keep out of reach of children: If swallowed, seek medical help, or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
Other information: High sun protection product.
Limiting sun exposure, wearing protective clothing, and using sunscreens may reduce the risk of skin aging, skin cancer and other harmful effects of the sun.